These photos are available thanks to the Strahorn Library and Museum Volunteer Joe Stupar's time spent scanning them.
The photo captions are taken from information written on the slides/photos and/or from research and are enhanced by a spreadsheet that contain additional information, provided via Joe Stupar. The numbers preceding the captions are simply inventory numbers and can be ignored.
Due to concerns expressed by some about rampant piracy of photos on the internet, restrictions have been placed on posting photos from the Museum's collection here. The requirements set forth state that they must be low res and watermarked. We apologize to the vast majority of our patrons who only use this site as intended, for personal enjoyment and information gathering.
1-View East of Highwood Office building, from back. A brick building 40 ft x 90 ft, Erected in 1905 at a cost of $35,000. - No Date (NSL Photo)
2-View SE of Highwood office building and new office annex building. Recently completed headquarters bldg of John J. Bee, superintendent - No Date (NSL Photo)
3-View of items on shelves in storeroom, Highwood. - 06/19/1923 (NSL Photo)
4-View of lunch counter in the basement of Highwood office building. - No Date (NSL Photo)
5-View South past office building and yards, appears to be taken from roof of shop building. - No Date (NSL Photo)
6-View NE of Highwood office building. - No Date (NSL Photo)
7-Men playing pool in trainmen's room, Highwood - No Date (NSL Photo)
8-Men sitting and reading magazines in the trainmen's room, Highwood - No Date (NSL Photo)
9-Another view of shelves in storehouse, Highwood - 06/19/1923 (NSL Photo)
10-View SW from Sheridan Rd of Highwood commissary - No Date (NSL Photo)
11-Exterior view of train-men's building at Highwood - No Date (NSL Photo)
12-View East of Highwood office building. - No Date (NSL Photo)
13-What appears to be early view of Highwood office building, no railroad name, only "OFFICE" over door. - No Date (NSL Photo)